Below are some links & book titles you may find useful:
- Frederick Leboyer (1976) 'Loving Hands', Collins
- van de Rijt (2013) Wonder Years
- Vimala McClure (2001) 'Infant Massage', Souvenir Press
- Dr Harvey Karp 'Baby Bliss' (2002) (The 5 S's - swaddling, sucking, shushing, side/stomach, swaying)
- Margot Sunderland (2007) 'What every parent needs to know - the remarkable effects of love, nurture and play on your child's development'
- Naomi Stadlen (2004) 'What Mothers Do - Especially when it looks like nothing'
& 'How Mothers Love' by the same author
(Breast)feeding & Baby care info:
This article was written by a midwife, lactation consultant & CIMI. A great piece on 'colic' and 'wind' the reasons why babies cry & why that is a normal thing, not something that needs to be 'fixed'.
An article on colic and the medicalisation of normality
- www.laleche.org.uk (breast feeding support)See also www.chiswickantenatalclasses.co.uk for Rachel Bryant's details. Rachel offers home visits at competitive prices, and can also offer support over the phone & Skype.General parenting info:
- http://www.formums.net/ (a superb website & local directory for parents by parents in and around Chiswick)
- www.essentialparent.com UK's first & only comprehensiveset of baby care DVDs.
- http://www.netmums.co.uk (local directories, forums etc)
- www.babycentre.co.uk and www.babyworld.com both offer a wide variety of forums, Q&A sessions,
product testing etc)
- www.gingerbread.org.uk (single/lone parentss)
- www.oneplusone.org.uk (family support)
Crying - info re soothing your baby
- www.isisonline.org.uk (provides information about normal sleep for parents & health professionals, based upon the latest UK and worldwide research. ISIS is a collaboration between Durham University Parent-Infant Sleep Lab, La Leche League, NCT and UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative).
A very good site, easy to read and backed up by tonnes of sound evidence based and unbiased research.
- ww.cry-sis.org.uk (Cry-sis, a national charity) offers
support for families with excessively crying, sleepless and demanding babies)